Pages

Monday, July 21, 2014

My First Monday Made It!

Hey! I'm linking up with 4th Grade Frolics for my first Monday Made It post! Are you as excited as I am? I thought so. I will probably mess this link up, but I'll give it a try anyway. So I inherited this lovely paper sorter with my classroom 13 years ago from a teacher who was retiring after 30+ years of teaching, so who knows how old this thing is....



Yep it's super ugly, BUT here's the thing, it's just right for sorting my handouts for the week on my desk, so it has been sitting on my desk like this all these years. Yes seriously. Well, after wishing I could find something as useful, but way cuter, the lightbulb finally went off and I realized the key to making anything cuter: SPRAY PAINT! I know, genius. So, here's the big reveal:



I loved how it turned out so much I even made some chalkboard labels with the days of the week to go on the side. Now I don't have to be embarrassed every time I have a sub that has to get the daily handouts out of this. And the best part of all? I already had all of the spray paint from another project so it didn't cost me a dime. Love a win-win! 
Okay, I made it through my first link up post (well it remains to be seen if I'll actually be able to link this post up.....) Go check out all of the awesome ideas here:
http://4thgradefrolics.blogspot.com/
Heather


5 comments:

  1. You did an EXCELLENT job with your organization make-over! The colors are BEAUTIFUL and it looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It looks brand new...so cute! I love your chalkboard labels.
    I just linked up my first Monday Made It too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You completely revamped that paper tray! I LOVE it! I need one like that to keep my insane amount of handouts organized during the year ha!

    Amber
    PeppyZestyTeacherista

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have some of those same paper trays, and now I'm going to spray paint them. Thanks for the inspiring idea - yours look great!

    Jane
    Learning in the Little Apple

    ReplyDelete